Effective on January 2, 2013
This privacy statement describes how Roanoke Valley Reads, Inc. collects and uses
the personal information you provide on our Web site:
roanokevalleyreads.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of
your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.We use this information to:
Information Obtained from Third Parties
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Respond to your questions and concerns
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose your personal information
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Roanoke Valley Reads, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We or a third party contracted by us may use technologies such as cookies, Web beacons,
or scripts to gather information about how you and others interact with our Web site. For example,
we will know how many users access a specific areas or features within our site and which links or ads
they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used,
improve our marketing efforts, and provide content and features that are of interest to you.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry
standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we
receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage,
is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If
you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any
material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means
of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review
this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
Roanoke Valley Reads, Inc.
c/o Lucy Lee, 515 Darwin Road