Effective on August 2, 2011
This privacy statement describes how WHMCS Ltd collects and uses
the personal information you provide on our Web site:
whmcs.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of
your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
WHMCS Ltd has been awarded TRUSTe's Privacy Seal signifying
TRUSTe's program requirements including transparency,
accountability and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information. TRUSTe's
mission, as an independent third party, is to accelerate online trust among consumers and organizations
globally through its leading privacy trustmark and innovative trust solutions. If you have questions or
If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact TRUSTe here.
The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Web site, and does not cover information that may be collected through software downloaded from the site.
We collect the following personal information from you:
We also collect the following information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Preferences Information you provide such as product or content interests, or communication or marketing preferences
- Usage activity about how you interact with us such as purchase history, what content you viewed,
and which areas of our site you visited.
- Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- List you in our publicly accessible member directory. If you do not want to be listed in our
directory contact us at email@example.com
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business
activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may disclose your personal information
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if WHMCS Ltd is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Our shopping cart is hosted by our e-commerce solutions provider. They host our ordering system,
and collect your billing information directly from you for the purpose of processing your order. This company does not use this information for any other purpose.
We or a third party contracted by us may use technologies such as cookies, Web beacons,
or scripts to gather information about how you and others interact with our Web site. For example,
we will know how many users access a specific areas or features within our site and which links or ads
they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used,
improve our marketing efforts, and provide content and features that are of interest to you.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry
standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we
receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage,
is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about
security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide two means for you to make a purchase on our site. You can either use our order form or a third
party checkout option. If you use our shopping cart, the transmission of sensitive information collected
on our order form is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). If you choose to use a third
party checkout option to pay for your order, its privacy statement and security practices will apply to
your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If
you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so.Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com.Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any
material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means
of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review
this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
Woodside House Broadway Avenue